Faculty of Mathematics, Informatics and Natural Sciences, Department of Physics, Institute for Quantum Physics
EGR. 13 TV-L
as soon as possible, fixed until 31.10.2026 (This is a fixed-term contract in accordance with Section 2 of the academic fixed-term labor contract act [Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz, WissZeitVG]).
Scope of work:
Weekly hours: 75 % of standard work hours per week
A university degree in a relevant field.
- excellent knowledge of quantum mechanics, quantum computing and quantum information; Familiarity with quantum computing platforms is an advantage
- expertise in numerical methods, like tensor network methods, for the study of many-body quantum systems is desired
- a proven track record in conducting physics research, e.g. through an MSc thesis, ideally in theoretical physics and/or quantum information theory
- excellent aural and written communication skills
- proficient computing and programming skills
- ability to grasp complex theoretical physics concepts quickly and apply them to novel research questions
Universität Hamburg—University of Excellence is one of the strongest research educational institutions in Germany. Our work in research, teaching, educational and knowledge exchange activities is fostering the next generation of responsible global citizens ready to tackle the global challenges facing us. Our guiding principle “Innovating and Cooperating for a Sustainable Future” drives collaboration with academic and nonacademic partner institutions in the Hamburg Metropolitan Region and around the world. We would like to invite you to be part of our community to work with us in creating sustainable and digital change for a dynamic and pluralist society.
The Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg promotes equal opportunity. As women are currently underrepresented in this job category at Universität Hamburg according to the evaluation conducted under the Hamburg act on gender equality (Hamburgisches Gleichstellungsgesetz, HambGleiG), we encourage women to apply for this position. Equally qualified and suitable female applicants will receive preference.
Severely disabled and disabled applicants with the same status will receive preference over equally qualified non-disabled applicants.
Instructions for applying
Use only the online application form to submit your application with the following documents:
- cover letter
- copies of degree certificate(s)
If you experience technical problems, send an email to email@example.com.
More information on data protection in selection procedures.