Faculty of Mathematics, Informatics and Natural Sciences, Department of Physics, Institute of Experimental Physics
EGR. 13 TV-L
01.06.2024, fixed until 31.05.2026 (This is a fixed-term contract in accordance with Section 2 of the academic fixed-term labor contract act [Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz, WissZeitVG]).
Scope of work:
full-time position suitable for part-time
Duties primarily include teaching and research. Research associates may also pursue independent research and further academic qualifications.
- planning, implementation, evaluation and publication of measurement results from experiments at large-scale facilities with variable polarization
- independent experiments with optical lasers in the laser laboratory
- ongoing review and content evaluation of relevant scientific literature
- presentation of scientific results at international conferences
- preparation of scientific publications
- scientific profile building in multinational collaboration
- support in supervision of doctoral students and general group organization with a focus on experiment planning
The position comes with a teaching duty of 4 LVS.
A university degree in a relevant field.
- a university degree in physics or a related field
- strong experimental experiences in the field of X-ray physics and conduction of beamtimes
- publications as first author
- very good experience with data analysis, ideally with Python as a programing language
- excellent communication and teamwork skills in English
- strong initiative, effective working style
- high level of organizational skills
- willingness to work in an international and diverse team
Universität Hamburg—University of Excellence is one of the strongest research educational institutions in Germany. Our work in research, teaching, educational and knowledge exchange activities is fostering the next generation of responsible global citizens ready to tackle the global challenges facing us. Our guiding principle “Innovating and Cooperating for a Sustainable Future” drives collaboration with academic and nonacademic partner institutions in the Hamburg Metropolitan Region and around the world. We would like to invite you to be part of our community to work with us in creating sustainable and digital change for a dynamic and pluralist society.
The Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg promotes equal opportunity. As women are currently underrepresented in this job category at Universität Hamburg according to the evaluation conducted under the Hamburg act on gender equality (Hamburgisches Gleichstellungsgesetz, HambGleiG), we encourage women to apply for this position. Equally qualified and suitable female applicants will receive preference.
Severely disabled and disabled applicants with the same status will receive preference over equally qualified non-disabled applicants.
Instructions for applying
Use only the online application form to submit your application with the following documents:
- cover letter
- copies of degree certificate(s)
If you experience technical problems, send an email to email@example.com.
More information on data protection in selection procedures.