House of Computing and Data Science (HCDS)
EGR. 13 TV-L
as soon as possible, fixed until 31.12.2025 (This is a fixed-term contract in accordance with Section 2 of the academic fixed-term labor contract act [Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz, WissZeitVG]).
Scope of work:
full-time position suitable for part-time
A university degree in a relevant field.
- programming knowledge (preferably in Python)
- experience with one or more of the following:
- machine Learning (esp. transformer models)
- databases and Data Engineering
- infrastructure for search
- knowledge-based systems
- data visualization
- web Applications
- user interface/frontend development
- interest in interdisciplinary research on digitalization challenges
- knowledge about Elasticsearch, Jupyter Notebooks, Docker and PostgreSQL is advantageous
- knowledge about DevOps, MLOps and Cloud Infrastructure is advantageous
Universität Hamburg—University of Excellence is one of the strongest research educational institutions in Germany. Our work in research, teaching, educational and knowledge exchange activities is fostering the next generation of responsible global citizens ready to tackle the global challenges facing us. Our guiding principle “Innovating and Cooperating for a Sustainable Future” drives collaboration with academic and nonacademic partner institutions in the Hamburg Metropolitan Region and around the world. We would like to invite you to be part of our community to work with us in creating sustainable and digital change for a dynamic and pluralist society.
The Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg promotes equal opportunity. As women are currently underrepresented in this job category at Universität Hamburg according to the evaluation conducted under the Hamburg act on gender equality (Hamburgisches Gleichstellungsgesetz, HambGleiG), we encourage women to apply for this position. Equally qualified and suitable female applicants will receive preference.
Severely disabled and disabled applicants with the same status will receive preference over equally qualified non-disabled applicants.
Instructions for applying
Use only the online application form to submit your application with the following documents:
- cover letter
- copies of degree certificate(s)
If you experience technical problems, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information on data protection in selection procedures.