Make new discoveries, drive projects forward, accept responsibility: at Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Science (H-BRS), we depend on staff who do just this. In cooperation with around 1,000 colleagues, we develop new solutions to help find appropriate responses to the many challenges of our times. We do this to further improve the H-BRS with the 9,000 students from more than 100 countries who are currently enrolled in ist 40 courses. Do you accept the challenge?
By concession of the right to award doctorates for the Promotionskolleg NRW (PK NRW), direct doctoral studies at the H-BRS in conjunction with PK NRW have become possible. The realization of a PhD as a scientific employee is desired and supported.
As of the 1st Oktober 2023, we require - subject to the final project grant decision - the following for our Department of Engineering and Communication at the Sankt Augustin campus:
Research-Associate or/and PhD student (d/m/w) for
Solutions of Power-Electronic-Converters and Power-Hardware-in-the-Loop
with focus on Control
As a research associate, you will be responsible for scientific collaboration in the field of design and development of power electronic converters. The responsibility will be fulfilled as a team in collaboration with researchers having various level of experience and type of expertise. You are not expected to have expertise in all fields; rather we offer to work with the team to become expert.
- model and simulate power electronic circuits.
- investigate innovative control concepts for power electronic converters in various fields of application.
- carry out theoretical analyses in terms of control concepts of power electronic converters.
- develop and optimize control of test benches for characterization of wide-bandgap-semiconductors and magnetic components.
- determine processor technologies, design and implement control and operation management for fast-switching power electronic converters.
- perform testing of power-electronic-converters with Power-Hardware-in-the-Loop-Systems.
- carry out installation and commissioning of fast-switching power electronic converters.
- create scientific reports, publications and work on trend-setting research projects with a team.
- have a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree (FH, TU/TH) in electrical engineering, sustainable engineering or a comparable course of study.
- ideally have knowledge of control/operation of power electronic circuits using microcontrollers and/or DSP’s/FPGA’s.
- ideally have experience in the area of power and/or hardware-in-the-loop.
- like to work in a team, determined to work and contribute, self-initiated and „think outside the box“.
- are enthusiastic about issues of application-oriented research.
- have English and German skills on C1-level.
- have previous knowledge in the field of design and realization of power electronic converters and their peripherals.
What we offer:
We as employers
- offer exciting, varied work in an innovative environment, full-time remunerated according to your qualifications up to salary group 13 TVL and of fixed duration until 30th September 2026.
are family focused and offer flexible working hours and childcare facilities
- facilitate advanced training and continuing education for professional and personal development
- provide a library and a cafeteria
value the liveable Rhineland area as an optimum environment for higher education – distinguished by unique local advantages such as the cathedral city of Cologne, the cosmopolitan city of Bonn, and the unspoilt countryside in the Eifel, Siebengebirge and Rhine districts
We want to have more female scientists at our university and are therefore especially pleased to receive applications from female applicants with children are warmly welcomed. H-BRS is certified family-friendly – and proud of it. People with severe disabilities are an integral part of our university. They are given preference in the application procedure provided they are equally well qualified.
If you have any further questions, please contact Prof. Dr. Marco Jung at +49 2241 865 316.
Become part of Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences (H-BRS) and use our online form to send us your application by March 03,2024 (reference number 76/23).