Discovering new things, driving projects forward, taking responsibility: At Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences (H-BRS), we count on employees who do just that. Together with our approximately 1,000 colleagues, we find new solutions to help find suitable answers to the diverse challenges of our time. We do this so that H-BRS, with its more than 9,000 students from more than 100 nations who are currently studying on 40 degree programs, can become even better. Do you accept the challenge?
The German Research Foundation (DFG) is funding our research cluster "CytoTransport - Mechanisms and Modulation of Cellular Transport Processes" (Research Impulse 26/1) for 5 years starting on 01.04.2024. Our project combines expertise in biomedicine, computational modeling, structural biology, chemistry and materials science for investigating cellular transport mechanisms in human health and diseases. Nine research groups in the two research institutes IFGA (Institute for Functional Gene Analytics) and TREE (Institute for Technology, Resource and Energy-efficient Engineering) are working together towards that goal.Detailed information on the research cluster’s objectives and the individual projects can be found at: https://www.h-brs.de/en/cytotransport.
We are looking for the following employee (d/f/m) to join our "CytoTransport" team as of 01.04.2024 in our Department of Natural Sciences on Campus Rheinbach, subject to the final funding letter:
One part-time Research Associate/PhD Student (d/f/m) for Modelling/Simulation of Epithelial Sodium Channels
- will carry out research and development work in the framework of the DFG-funded research cluster “CytoTransport”, particularly computational modelling/simulation of epithelial sodium channels (ENaC).
- will analyse the structure, stability, and dynamics of different subunit compositions of these ion channels using molecular modelling and docking, as well as molecular dynamics simulations.
- will be responsible for the analysis, visualization, and presentation of the yielded scientific data, as well as for publishing the results in scientific journals and presenting them on national/international conferences.
- will support the supervision of students during their BSc/MSc theses in the context of the research cluster.
- will develop your own scientific profile, e.g. through a PhD thesis project within the Promotionskolleg NRW.
- have successfully completed a University study program (diploma/MSc) in the life sciences (e.g. biochemistry, bioinformatics, computational chemistry, biology, biophysics, structural biology).
- have working knowledge in biochemistry and molecular modelling/structural bioinformatics/computational biology, particularly molecular dynamics simulations.
- have prior knowledge in programming (e.g. python), and simulations on HPC clusters are a plus.
- have excellent skills in MS Office as well as excellent language skills in English in spoken and written communication forms (equivalent to B2 level).
What we offer:
We as employers
- offer exciting, varied work in an innovative environment, part-time (25 hours and 53 minutes weekly), remunerated according to your qualifications up to salary group 13 TV-L. We offer the position for your scientific qualification with a contract term of until 3 years. The scientific qualification orientates to your personal conditions and your own qualification aim.
are family focused and offer flexible working hours and childcare facilities.
- facilitate advanced training and continuing education for professional and personal development.
- provide a library and a cafeteria.
value the liveable Rhineland area as an optimum environment for higher education – distinguished by unique local advantages such as the cathedral city of Cologne, the cosmopolitan city of Bonn, and the unspoiled countryside of the Eifel, Siebengebirge and Rhine districts.
We want to have more female academics/employees at our university and are therefore especially pleased to receive applications from women. Applicants with children are warmly welcomed. H-BRS is certified family-friendly – and proud of it. People with severe disabilities are an integral part of our university, and are given preference in the application procedure provided they are equally well qualified.
If you have more specific questions, you are welcome to contact Prof. Dr. Matthias Preller under +49 2241 865 9851 or under email@example.com. Questions to the topics equality and family friendly university can be answered by the equality commissary Dr. Barbara Hillen-Haas via +49 2241 865 268.
Become part of Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences (H-BRS) and use our online form to send us your application by 01.03.2024 (Reference 11/24).