Discovering new things, driving projects forward, taking responsibility: At Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences (H-BRS), we count on employees who do just that. Together with our approximately 1,000 colleagues, we find new solutions to help find suitable answers to the diverse challenges of our time. We do this so that H-BRS, with its more than 9,000 students from more than 100 nations who are currently studying on 40 degree programs, can become even better. Do you accept the challenge?
The German Research Foundation (DFG) is funding our research cluster "CytoTransport - Mechanisms and Modulation of Cellular Transport Processes" (Research Impulse 26/1) for 5 years starting on 01.04.2024. Our project combines expertise in biomedicine, computational modeling, structural biology, chemistry and materials science for investigating cellular transport mechanisms in human health and diseases. Nine research groups in the two research institutes IFGA (Institute for Functional Gene Analytics) and TREE (Institute for Technology, Resource and Energy-efficient Engineering) are working together towards that goal. Detailed information on the research cluster’s objectives and the individual projects can be found at: https://www.h-brs.de/en/cytotransport
We are looking for the following employee (d/f/m) to join our "CytoTransport" team as of 01.04.2024 in our Department of Natural Sciences on Campus Rheinbach, subject to the final funding letter:
One Full-time Research Associate/PostDoc (d/f/m) for the Physiology of Membrane Transport Processes
- carry out research and development work in the DFG-funded research cluster "CytoTransport - Mechanisms and Modulation of Cellular Transport Processes".
- investigate the physiology of membrane transport processes, in particular those involving cation channels and transporters of the solute carrier (SLC) family, using modern electrophysiological techniques.
- are responsible for evaluating, presenting and publishing research results in scientific journals and through presentations at national/international conferences.
- support the supervision of doctoral candidates and students in experimental theses in the field of membrane transport physiology within the research cluster.
- develop your own scientific profile in the field of membrane transport physiology.
What we offer:
We as employers
- offer exciting, varied work in an innovative environment, remunerated according to your qualifications up to salary group 13 TV-L. We offer a full-time-position (39 hours and 50 minutes weekly). It is also possible to work part-time. We offer the position until 31.03.2029.
are family focused and offer flexible working hours and childcare facilities.
- facilitate advanced training and continuing education for professional and personal development.
- provide a library and a cafeteria.
value the liveable Rhineland area as an optimum environment for higher education – distinguished by unique local advantages such as the cathedral city of Cologne, the cosmopolitan city of Bonn, and the unspoiled countryside of the Eifel, Siebengebirge and Rhine districts.
We want to have more female academics/employees at our university and are therefore especially pleased to receive applications from women. Applicants with children are warmly welcomed. H-BRS is certified family-friendly – and proud of it. People with severe disabilities are an integral part of our university, and are given preference in the application procedure provided they are equally well qualified.
If you have any questions, please contact the cluster’s spokesperson, Prof. Dr. Mike Althaus, via + 49 2241 865 9541 or email@example.com. Questions to the topics equality and family friendly Hochschule can be answered by the equality commissary Dr. Barbara Hillen-Haas via +49 2241 865 268.
Become part of Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences (H-BRS) and use our online form to send us your application by 01.03.2024 (Reference 5/24).