Discovering new things, driving projects forward, taking responsibility: At Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences (H-BRS), we count on employees who do just that. Together with our approximately 1,000 colleagues, we find new solutions to help find suitable answers to the diverse challenges of our time. We do this so that H-BRS, with its more than 9,000 students from more than 100 nations who are currently studying on 40 degree programs, can become even better. Do you accept the challenge?
The German Research Foundation (DFG) is funding our research cluster "CytoTransport - Mechanisms and Modulation of Cellular Transport Processes" (Research Impulse 26/1) for 5 years starting on 01.04.2024. Our project combines expertise in biomedicine, computational modeling, structural biology, chemistry and materials science for investigating cellular transport mechanisms in human health and diseases. Nine research groups in the two research institutes IFGA (Institute for Functional Gene Analytics) and TREE (Institute for Technology, Resource and Energy-efficient Engineering) are working together towards that goal. Detailed information on the research cluster’s objectives and the individual projects can be found at: https://www.h-brs.de/en/cytotransport.
We are looking for the following employee (d/f/m) to join our "CytoTransport" team as of 01.04.2024 in our Department of Engineering and Communication on Campus Sankt Augustin, subject to the final funding letter:
One Full-time Research Associate/PostDoc (d/f/m) for Computational Molecular Modeling
- carry out research and development work in the DFG-funded research cluster "CytoTransport", in particular, modelling and simulation of biological systems for a better understanding of transport mechanisms in cells.
- are active in all computationally executed sub-projects and ideally bring together the knowledge gained there. In doing so, you contribute your own ideas and further develop the methods used as well as application scenarios.
- take responsibility for evaluating and presenting your research results and publish them in scientific journals and through presentations at national/international conferences.
- make active contributions as part of the supervisors of the doctoral students involved in the project in the computer-based sub-projects.
- hold a university degree (diploma/master's degree) with a doctorate in computational chemistry, computational physics, bioinformatics or similar study programs.
- have sound expertise in biochemistry and molecular modelling/bioinformatics/computational chemistry, in particular in force field development and the use of molecular dynamics/Monte Carlo on various length and time scales.
- have good knowledge of programming (e.g. Python, C, C++, Bash) and simulations on HPC clusters.
- have excellent knowledge of MS Office, as well as excellent written and spoken English (comparable to B2 level).
What we offer:
We as employers
- offer exciting, varied work in an innovative environment, remunerated according to your qualifications up to salary group 13 TV-L and limited until 31.03.2029. We offer a full-time-position (39 hours and 50 minutes weekly). It is also possible to work part-time.
are family focused and offer flexible working hours and childcare facilities.
- facilitate advanced training and continuing education for professional and personal development.
- provide a library and a cafeteria.
value the liveable Rhineland area as an optimum environment for higher education – distinguished by unique local advantages such as the cathedral city of Cologne, the cosmopolitan city of Bonn, and the unspoiled countryside of the Eifel, Siebengebirge and Rhine districts.
We want to have more female academics/employees at our university and are therefore especially pleased to receive applications from women. Applicants with children are warmly welcomed. H-BRS is certified family-friendly – and proud of it. People with severe disabilities are an integral part of our university, and are given preference in the application procedure provided they are equally well qualified.
If you have any questions, please contact Prof. Dr. Dirk Reith via +49 2241 865 9678 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions to the topics equality and family friendly Hochschule can be answered by
the equality commissary Dr. Barbara Hillen-Haas via +49 2241 865 268.
Become part of Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences (H-BRS) and use our online form to send us your application by 01.03.2024 (Reference 12/24).