Following the research strategy of the group Experimental Physics 1, which strives for exploring physical mechanisms and principles using model systems, the scientific project is devoted to photon emission of single atomes and molecules in designed quantum structures.
Your job tasks include:
- The position includes the following responsibilities:
- You will contribute to a timely field of physical fundamental research using modern scanning probe methods.
- You will progress research in condensed-matter physics of surfaces and interfaces with novel findings in light emission from atomic and molecular excitations.
- Scientific data will independtly acquired and analyzed finding their way into peer-reviewed publications.
- You will support the group in the teaching students at the bachelor and master level.
For being part of the selection process is needed:
- At the time of recruitment you will have completed a university degree in physics (Master's/Dipl. (Univ.)).
- You have profound knowledge and skills in the use of scanning probe microscopes (scanning tunnelling and atomic force microscopy) as well as in ultra-high vacuum and low-temperature physics.
- You are proficient at the spoken and written English and German language.
Following competences are desirable:
- Commitment to enthusiastic research, independent operation, being proactive and team work
- high motivation and enthusiasm for the quantum physics at surfaces and interfaces
Please provide evidence of the qualifications required for the job by certificates and references.
This position is not divisible.
What we offer you:
- attractive remuneration according to collective agreement (as per TV-L) incl. granting of a special annual payment
- vacation entitlement of 30 days in the calendar year and additional days off on 24 / 31 December
- flexible working time model
- VBL - pension scheme in the public sector
From individual advancement with a wide range of continuing education opportunities to a variety of health and recreational offerings, you can expect an appreciative working environment at a renowned university at TU Ilmenau. In addition to an attractive, family friendly working hour’s model, you will also benefit from advantages such as the use of the dining halls of the Studiendenwerk Thüringen, as well as participation in several attractive sport offers from the university owned sport centrum.